How I became mummy x

They say giving birth is the best time of your life next to getting married or next to your school years, but thats slightly how I remember it or what I can thanks to some lovely Gas and air,.

On the 24th when our daughter was supposed to arrive it didnt quite go to plan my water broke at 12.00pm after I thought i would take a lovely relaxing bubble bath only when I got out what I thought was pee ….wasnt it smelled sweet and wasnt the usual colour of urine.

Me being me didnt know what waters were supposed to be like so naturally I jumped on my phone to my friends to ask my mummy friends who’d been through it what they were like when their waters broke, and well they pretty much confirmed what I thought

Next thing Im on the phone to my dear mummy telling her my waters had broke 20 mins later sitting up the hospital to have it confirmed that they had gone I asked twice just to be sure , I text my hubby at work saying they had gone , he sent back saying ill be up asap and i said dont rush im being sent home I wasnt contracting very much so they said come back next morning to be induced If things didnt progress naturally.

Well next morning back I went at 8.00am to be induced I had the first pessary inserted to help the contractions well fast forward over a long exhausting day in which I had to stay overnight I didnt get a wink of sleep I have never been apart from my husband for very long and I got upset as was missing him awfully and was having regular observations every hour or so queue an very tired and frustrated Kay.

I was woken by the midwife on duty at 5am to be wheeled into the delivery suite where I had lots of people waiting for me as I had been left a while and someone didnt want to come out and was really contracting by this point I opted for an epidural after sounding like darth vader on the gas and air for a while to no success I was very tired by this point and had to have forceps and be cut 😦 which I lost a bit of blood and was rather pale numb from the epidural so my poor husband had to help me couldnt lift my arms to hold our daughter let alone move my legs.

I got a brief cuddle and tried to feed her only to have her taken off me which upset me as didnt know why they were taking her but as again been left for so long they thought she contracted an infection and had to be moved to neo-natal for antibiotics 3 more days later and an feeling of isolation and many trips to the ward to get any sign of food an nice hot shower later and we were cleared to bring her home.

I couldnt thank the ladies on the ward though for taking care of me and little wookie for the time we were there as i tried breastfeeding only to find I was cracked bleeding and sore from latching which I was helped to make the decision to bottle feed and to this day little wookie is not so little happy and healthy.

Which brings me to our son little ewok his was pretty straight forward except I was on my way to an family sunday dinner well we didnt make it quite down the road when my waters decided to break pmsl to this day my husband hasnt forgiven me as he was really looking forward to an roast dinner (sorry honey) but we did an u-turn and headed to my mother’s which was luckily close by and well the water didnt stop coming so didnt take much convincing they had gone, phone call to the family sorry we wont be able to make dinner as little one decided he wanted to make an appearance one car ride later to the hospital and things didnt take as long this time back on the gas and air and an epidural later which has left me with a few holes in my back as it took 6 attempts to get it in my back my angel tattoo is a little holey 😦 2.48 am and well he was here and told all was well and could home that day only to wait all day until 11pm when they got round to giving me my anti-d injection and done my paperwork they were in the office talking about facebook NOT happy kay wanted to go home to my own bed eventually got home and the rest is history.

If you have any of your birth stories then please feel free to comment and i shall get back to you as soon as im done after the 100th nappy change lol.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.